Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I think im ready to go home. It just hit me last night that I live here now, and wont be going back to my little house again. We have had a fun time here, but I am really ready to pack up and go home. I didnt think it would be this hard to live somewhere with no family or friends. We got so used to having Pauls parents and siblings right down the street from us, there whenever we needed or wanted them. I guess I just need to make friends and try to keep myself busy....only 23 months to go and we're out of here!! *edit* After re-reading my post, I cant help but think what a brat I am. I didnt mean to seem like I was having a pity-party, just missing home. I really am glad to be here with Paul in school, especially since our other options were so far from home. The friends we have made here are great, and we could not have asked for a friendlier ward!

10 comments:

Brittney said...

Hellooooo, I'm your friend.

Brittney said...

Or at least you're my friend ;)

Jillsywillsy said...

Let's meet for lunch. Please, please, please

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

We miss you too. I think family is the hardest thing even when you do have good friend to hang with.

Anthony and Christel said...

That would be hard to be so far from home. It was kind of that way in Ca while we lived there, but Anthony could be with me a lot so it wasn't so bad at the same time. I'm sure that it's hard while Paul is so busy.

Brittney said...

you didn't have to edit, I didn't think you were being a brat. Sometimes it stinks, and if you can't say it here where are you gonna say it? Have you read my blog? The most common theme is rants and raves.

McKinna said...

Your not a brat at all!! I would totally miss being around my family & friends that you associate with all the time to!! It's natural! ;)

Anonymous said...

Mindy, we wish we were still close by and could still see you regularly. We aren't as worried about Paul, because he is so involved in school. But you are left with the brunt of the family responsibilities and taking care of "my Mason" and "my Hadley". We can't wait for Thanksgiving.

Sherrelle said...

Oh my, I can only imagine sometimes RJ talks about moving to Seattle and even though his dad lives there I can't think of leaving my family... I hope things get better for you.

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

You are doing awesome. Hang in there. When we moved here, I was lost also. I understand. But, put yourself out there. You are a great woman, with a great family. There are other women there who feel just like you.. I promise! Love you!