Saturday, September 13, 2008

Goosebumps Moment...

The other night, Mason was playing with our new Scentsy (love it by the way!) He opened one of the little scent bricks, took a big sniff and said "mmmmm thats Grandma Nickell." Grandma Nickell is Paul's beloved grandma that passed away about a year and a half ago. So that made Mason 18 months at her funeral. She lived in Idaho so he rarely saw her, maybe like 3-4 times in his life. After he said that, Paul and I just look at each other with confused faces. I asked Mason what he said just to be sure, and he said "this is Grandma Nickell." I asked him if that is what she smells like and he said yes. Paul asked him if he ever see her and Mason just looked at him like duh of course I see her, dont you. Then this morning, Mason saw a picture of her and said "Mom, this is my Grandma Nickell." It is so amazing to me just how thin the vail is for these little people. I know she comes to our home regularly to check up on all of us. I know she is super proud of Paul for going into medicine, and finishing school. She was an OR nurse for like 50 something years, and so far, 2 of her daughters, and 3 of he grandkids have gone into medicine as well. We sure do miss her and just love all of the memories we have of her. I love all of the stories Lee (Paul's mom) tell of her when she was growing up!!

7 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Wow! I did get goosebumps! That is a really cool story. Shortly after my brother died, his wife heard their (at the time) 4 year old daughter talking to him. It totally happens, I know this. What a neat story, and it's neat that Mason is so in tune.

McKinna said...

That is so awesome! How cute is he?! That is amazing to!

Amanda C. said...

Wow! That is awesome! Kids are so in tune with the spirit. It doesn't surprise me that they have spiritual experiences on a regular basis. That has happened a few times with my nieces and nephews. It is so cool. I love that story!

Jana said...

That is awesome! Tylee (my niece) has those moments with my dad all of the time. I used to think that it would be scary thinking about people who had passed away watching us....but it isn't at all, its amazing! Oh and SCENTSY is the best thing ever! I am totally addicted. Have you ever burned Sugar? That is my favorite (along with every other scent in the catalog)!

The Cox Family said...

I love stories like that! It does make you stop and think about how in tune our children really are.

Natasha said...

So glad you were sensitive enough to pay attention and record what took place. Death really doesn't take people as far away as we let it feel sometimes.

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

Thanks for sharing that! It really was beautiful. Mason is one spiritual little guy.