Sunday, July 27, 2008

Here's a picture of the thief Wanted: Mindy and Hadley Lystrup Tody at church Hadley was fussing during RS, so I took her out and we just marinated on the couch in the foyer. She started chewing on a piece of paper, and after my conversation with another lady, I decided that I better pay attention to my kid and take the paper out of her mouth. Well to my surprise, it was a dollar bill that she was chewing on! GROSS that my baby was chomping away on a nasty dirty dollar! So instead of putting it back on the couch, so the little boy that was going to pay his tithing with it could come find it, Hads and I decided that we should keep it and buy ourselves a slurpee with it tomorrow. So into mama's purse it went! Now I feel bad that I stole from church. O well, nobody's perfect right?!

6 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

You totally crack me up!!!!

Jana said...

You should have just left church and went and bought the slurpee...why not break all the rules!

Natasha said...

Maybe you could take a slurpee to your bishop too. That would make it all fine. Or better yet maybe you could put that dollar toward your ER fund since you'll probably have to take Hadley there to cure her from whatever disease she caught by chewing on it in the first place. P.S. A 5k is 3.2 miles.

The Cox Family said...

Too funny Mindy! I am sure that the owner wouldn't want that dollar bill back anyways. So I wouldn't stress about it. Go enjoy that slurpee!

Linz said...

Hey, finders keepers!

Tyson and Kathleen Day said...

I hope you were able to sleep at night knowing you stole at church and was doing it for your own gain.