Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dont come around Mason because....

He has pink eye!! The past couple of days he has been waking up with green gunk in his eye. We just figured it was allergies or something and that we would just watch it. Well last night both eyes starting oozing with green slime, and both got really puffy and red. Paul was at school, so I called him and said get your patooty home, we've got to get Mason to a doctor. So I found a place called good night pediatrics, they are open from 5 p.m. until 5 a.m. ( this was at 10:00 by the way). So I grab Hadley out of bed, pack everyone up, and wait for Paul. He gets home, and we are off. We had to go to Avondale, it was about 20 minutes away. We thought we were going to be there all night because thats just how urgent cares are. Well when we got there we got right in, they took a look at his eyes, and we were on our way! It was so nice to be in and out. So as we are driving home, Paul said "yeah I knew thats what it was" umm why didnt you just tell me to take him to the doctor 3 days ago!! Man he just is so relaxed when it comes to his kids health it drives me batty!! So now we get the lovely chore of putting drops in his eyes every 4 hours. Everytime we go to put the drops in, he just screams "I need my papa!!" Poor little guy.

2 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

The boy I used to watch gave this to Emma and it went from crust at lunch time to that oozing goo by night time (I didn't have the car that day either) We read that putting warm tea bags helped it, and it made a big difference and got a lot of gunk out until we were able to get the prescription, but naturally the other kids got it and my kids fought me about putting the drops in. I am sorry you are going through it :( I hope Hadley doesn't get it.

Natasha said...

Ick! No fun! When my kids are sick it makes me SO grateful for all the days that they are healthy. Neeto that you found such a nice pediatric clinic. Maybe you could get on the horn with the legislators here in Utard and fill them in on the bright idea. Hope he gets better soon!