Well we're in, sort of. Paul and I left our house at the same time on Friday morning. The STUPID uhaul would only go 50 mph, so by Kingman, I decided I needed to go faster because I was meeting the realtor at the house to get the keys. I roll into town and get a phone call from a good samaritan telling me that the STUPID Uhaul has caught on fire, Paul and Mason are okay and not to turn around. Okay fine. I get to the house and do what I need to do and just wait for them to get here. Three hours later I am still waiting, so I load up Hadley and start heading back. Very long story short, Paul was stuck at the side of the highway for about 12 hours waiting for the tow truck. He had to spend last night in a hotel, and today, 24 hours later we are still waiting for our stuff to get towed to the house.
8 years ago

6 comments:
Wow. That is crazy!! Poor Paul and Mason, but we are glad they are alright, and glad that you are finally there. Good luck!
Good to know. I was just looking up the prices of UHauls to go get flooring from Ikea. Holy crap. What a nightmare!
What a freaking nightmare!!! Your poor boys. I like your new pic up.
I am so sorry! What a mess. I remember one time when we were moving...Kyle had a load of stuff in his truck and he took off in front of me. Well as I was driving down the road I notice stuff all over the highway. As I kept driving I realize that it is all of MY stuff. I slam on the brakes (didn't pull over or anything). Got out of my car and start bawling. It was all of my wedding pictures, gradution tassels, and picture frames ruined all over the road. Everyone that was driving through stopped and helped me pick up what could be saved. I remember standing in the middle of the road crying while people handed me stuff. It was awful. Kyle never even knew that he had lost our stuff. I could have killed him.
That sucks! When Curtis helped his friend move to Ohio for med school last summer, thier budget truck broke down too and had to unload the whole truck and load it back up in 100 degree weather. Curtis almost killed them when they showed up with a new truck and said it was their only option. I am glad that they are ok, and I hope that your belongings come quickly!
OH MY GOSH! I cannot beleive your Uhaul caught on FIRE! That is so crazy. I am so sorry! Unbelievable!
Post a Comment