Sunday, August 10, 2008

Why oh why do they do that? Im sitting there in sacrament today listening to the speakers, then the Bishop gets up and says "since reorganizing our young women's org. we would like to invite a few of you to get up and bear your testimonies. We'd like to hear from sister so and so, sister so and so, sister Lystrup, and sister so and so." What?! Sister Lystrup is in Las Vegas. Then I realize he means me. Great. So I organize my thoughts, and feel somewhat prepared. It is now my turn so I take the 14 mile walk up to the podium and just start staring at Paul. I freeze and seriously forget everything I was going to say! Paul says I did good, but I know I looked like a dum dum. Then comes time to teach young womens. So I start on my lesson and everything is fine. Just as I start, the door opens and in walks the bishopric. Umm okay, can I help you? Do you need to take some time to say something? Do you need to speak to someone? Nope! They are just here to take part in the lesson. Super! They take their seats and I proceed with the lesson....the lesson that was supposed to take 35 minutes and only took 20. So we sat there in an akward silence for about 10-15 minutes and just stared at each other becuse I finished so early. So now I am just waiting to get the boot. I did enjoy the whole 3 hours that I served in young womes though.

11 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Oh Mindy, I am sorry. I get so nervous teaching for anyone over the age of 3, lol. I would have been blushing and messing up so much.

Anthony and Christel said...

Surprise testimonies are the worst, but I'm sure that you did great!! The bishopric walking in on your lesson must have been a little intimidating, I would have been sweating bullets! When I taught the 5-6 year olds in Primary, we would always get done early and end up standing in the hallway. I would just pray that the clock would go by quickly!! I'm sorry for your day, but I'm sure that you did just fine.

Tyson and Kathleen Day said...

Mindy, you know that you can spell check your blog so that you don't look like a college dropout. Maybe in the FUTER you can use your spellchecker

Linz said...

HAHA! I'm sure you did great!!

Jana said...

There is nothing worse than the surprize...."please come bare your testimony!" I remember serving in Y.W. and the girls just sat there in silence. They wouldn't comment they wouldn't read anything....it was awful!

Natasha said...

Dear Sister Lystrup,
I would like to thank you for the time and effort you put in to your new calling in the Young Women. After my keen observation on Sunday I can tell you need to do some heavy duty praying because guess what...you're not getting released for at least two more years. Try harder. Love, Brother Bishopric.
So...remember when I was a teacher in Relief Society in college and I finished the lesson like TWENTY MINTUES early?? I was DYING! The poor (brand new) Relief Society president had no idea what to do either! But did they fire me? No such luck. So don't plan on it for you either. By the way, I think you will be awesome in Young Women. The girls will totally love you.

The Cox Family said...

I completely agree! You know that they already had who they wanted to bare their testimony before church. They could have at least called you and given you a little bit more warning!!! I am sure that you did just fine. Don't stress about your lesson being short. We all have those lessons from time to time!

Linz said...

PS - I would have snuck out with the baby as soon as I heard my name called... but that's because I'm sort of evil! Muahaha!

Staci said...

Hey woman! How the heck are you? Your family is so cute!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

You are awesome!! It was fun to hear your story. The YW will love you so much!! Missed you this weekend. Glad you are where you are suppoesd to be right now, though. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I would have paid money to see you up there!! Did you tell them that we are tight with lizzie?? Ha! Love you!