Monday, January 5, 2009

A Sad Sumbeam

Hes the only boy in his class, and the only crier!

Doing okay before the meltdown.
Yesterday was Mason's first day of primary! He hated it! After sacrament, he was excited to go to nursery, even though we have been telling him hes not going to nursery anymore. We took him to the primary room to find his class. He did fine sitting there waiting for his teacher. When it came time for me to leave, he became a total mess. He cried and screamed for me and Paul to sit with him. Its hard because Paul teaches the older boys, so he sees him in there and doesn't understand that he has to sit with his class and not dad. So needless to say, Mason was a Valiant 12 instead of a sunbeam yesterday, and I dont see him becoming a sunbeam anytime soon!

12 comments:

McKinna said...

sounds just like our new sunbeam!! Dev cried & cried as well- it was so sad! it's gonna be a hard adjustment for them, huh?!

Linz said...

Oh, poor guy! It'll get better! Good luck!

birmingham family said...

It took Riley months and months for him to like it too! Did not help for Riley that we moved and had a baby during that time....it will get better so hang in there!!! And now, the count down for Hadley to go to nursery! Four months?

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Oh man Zack was bad too. Emma cried a little and was clingy but Zack screams so loud that you either have to take him out or sit with him the whole time. After a few weeks he got used to it but then they released his teacher and we are back to square one again.

Jana said...

Church is such a drag...just kidding!

Liessa said...

Poor Mason...he's just acting like his mother. Lets just hope he doesn't get "Kicked Out"! Love Grandma Lela

Momnerd said...

Congratulations on your baby on the way! Sounds like you had a bittersweet Christmas. And I'm looking forward to Spring Break too! Oh, and my oldest had the hardest time going to Sunbeams too. Although thankfully #2 was easy as pie. Something to look forward to anyway....

The Pfau's said...

Mason looks totally Miserable! I even feel bad for him. At least Paul is in there. He can be a sunbeam next year!

Natasha said...

I would lie and say I'm not laughing out loud...but I am! I am also cracking up that you took your camera to church to capture the whole event!

The Cox Family said...

I think that they should go back to easing them into to Sunbeams instead of just expecting them to sit for two hours when they are used to playing and eating snacks. Some of my nursery kids did the same thing, so don't feel bad!
Glad you guys had such a great holiday!

Lindsey said...

Poor guy.. that first picture is priceless! I guess he has some reason to cry all girls no boys that is no fun at that age!

birmingham family said...

How did he do this past week?