Friday, February 11, 2011

Update..

We have just been hanging out inside lately trying to stay warm.  Paul took his boards last week and became officially certified.  That is a huge relief for him.  He has been either studying or working these past couple of months.  He is enjoying his job and loving the snow!  Mason is doing great in kndergarten.  He goes in the afternoons for half of the day.  He too is loving the snow and asks to play in it every.single.time he gets off the bus.  Haldey is definitely a desert girl and has been in hibernation for the past few months.  Seriously the only time the girl leaves this apartment is to go to church.  She hates the cold and snow!  Kenley is..well...almost 2.  That pretty much sums her up.  Shes all tude and thinks shes the boss!  Oh, and she also is having a hard time giving up her bottles.  Thats a fight everyday!  As for me, I am about done with apartment living!  We cant decide what we are going to do.  On one hand, we love it here and Paul's job is great.  On the other hand, it is bloody expensive to live in New York so we dont know if we should fulfill his 2 year contract and go somewhere cheaper.  Or if we should just settle here and buy a home.  Either way, once our lease is up, I am sooo out of this apartment!  Keeping 3 kids quiet all the time is impossible.  Oh, and I dont love living on the 3rd floor come grocery day!  Thats a total pain!!  My friend Misty taught me a trick when she lived in an apartment, she loaded up her stroller with all of her groceries-GENIOUS!!  I have been doing that too!  Anyways, thats what we have been up to lately.  Oh, and on Monday, we are off to sunny Orlando, Fl.  Disney World, here we come!!

6 comments:

birmingham family said...

So glad the stroller works for you! It was genius!

I think you should come back here.... just a thought.... no snow. ;) Austin is the same way- the whole time we were in Utah for Christmas- I had to carry him. He would stand there and cry until I picked him up- and the only reason I did pick him up is he knows how to make himself throw up. Picking him up was easier after the third time or so!

Lindsey said...

I'm going to need some tips from you on cold weather and apartment living :)That will be my life soon!!

Jana said...

Good to hear an update! I am glad that you are doing good. Have fun at Disney world!

Amanda C. said...

Well thanks for asking my advice on where you should live.(eventhough you didn't ask however I'll give you my opinion anyway). I think you should move back to Vegas ASAP. There are 2 boys in that family, but there are more girls... and from what you said.. the girls don't like the snow. So, since the girls are the majority... I think Vegas is the answer. I rest my case!

Joe said...

Wow, sounds like overall you're having fun. Have a good time in Florida!

Bethany said...

Okay, that wasn't Joe, that was me. Forgot to sign him out:)