Saturday, June 27, 2009

Life on the Res

We decided to go up and visit Paul for a while. I had every intention on staying for a week, but it didnt really turn out that way...

  • 5:00-we arrive in Tuba City and meet Paul
  • 5:03-I walk into his "house" and am overcome by the stench of old man and propane.
  • 5:24-I HAD to get out of that "house" so he took us out to some dunes where we played until the sun went down...at 9:00
  • 9:00-return back to the "house" only to find 36000 nats in all of our stuff and try to get everyone settled for the night.
  • 9:17-Hadley starts crying and wandering around the "house."
  • 10:08-still crying-and the pow-wow outside starts, complete with fireworks.
  • 12:26-more crying
  • 1:00 finally asleep
  • 4:42-more crying
  • 9:00-everyone up. The bugs seem to have tripled in the night.
  • 10:00 cannot handle the smell or the bugs any longer, so we decided to go see the dinosaur tracks. (Pay attention, this is the only fun part.) We stayed there and played and walked around the dinosaur tracks for a good part of the morning.
  • 12:00 back to the "house" where we are all going to nap. Kids are grumpy, im grumpy, and soo ready to go, but feeling guilty about leaving Paul there.
  • 1:30-I quickly get over the guilt, start packing up the car and we go home.
  • 6:00-We all miss Paul and want him to come home really bad!!!

3 comments:

birmingham family said...

That was a quick trip! You were brave to even try!!! Hope evertything is going well! Talk to you soon!

The Pfau's said...

Sounds like you were a super mom/wife. You went way above and beyond. Just packing and driving by yourself with 3 kids is more than I think I could do. Sorry it wasn't more fun for you guys though!

Anthony and Christel said...

Wow, that sounds awful...but your post made me laugh (sorry)! I hope the summer goes by fast for you guys.