Well Kenley has been here for 4 days, and we are all slowly adjusting. We have had Paul's mom here since the night I went in to have her. She's a pediatric nurse, and I must say its been soo nice having my own live-in nurse for the past week! She is leaving tomorrow and my mom is coming, so that will be nice to have another set of hands for the week! Mason is completely in LOVE with Kenley! Hadley's still not too sure what she thinks of her quite yet. Paul finished his finals today, and will be moving to Tuba City for the summer for his residency rotation in a couple of weeks. I am terrified to have him leave! I just hope he can come home often for visits! So now on to the birth story. It really was an easy delivery. We went in late Friday night/Saturday morning to get induced. We got there and got all checked in at around 3:30. They hung the pitosin at 10, then I got my epidural soon after that. Paul and the anesthesiologist were chumming it up and totally giving a play by play of the procedure, which grossed me out! I had a little reaction to the epidural. Low blood pressure, itching and just not feeling quite right. They got me some medicine, and it quickly went away. I took a little nap, then at around 12, the nurse checked me and I was ready to go. I was super numb, so she said I can just hang out and not push for a while. At that point, Paul's mom came to the hospital to see the birth, then my doctor came in. Paul called my mom so she could hear what was going on and the gender announcement. I pushed twice and out she came! The doctor held her up and we all said "its a girl!!" That was soo fun! If I have anymore babies, I will definitely be surprised again! I was so sure that she was going to be a boy, but very happy she wasn't. We didnt have a boy name picked out, so that made it nice!
8 years ago

11 comments:
YAY MINDY & PAUL! Congrats! How fun! another girl!! I can't wait to meet her! ;) I love the first pic with Mason holding her... his face is hilarious!
She is adorable by the way!
I have to say that the picture of Mason holding her looks pretty cute, especially because of the way he has his legs a little sideways looks like she has HUGE legs for that tiny body! Precious! I'm glad everyone is adjusting well to the new addition!
Wow that was an easy birth!! Way to go!!! And she looks just lovely! I hope all goes well while Paul is away! I'd be scared too!
If you have any more babies?! You are so much braver than me!!! She is so cute! Can't believe she is actually here!!! Any ideas when you will be in Vegas?
Um, you can just send Paul's mom my way when you're done with her, and Leissa too for that matter! Glad your labor went well. "If you have any more kids" you should try it without anesthesia! I am with you on the whole surprise thing...it is definately the way to go!
Gosh she is sweet. I definitely see the sibling resemblance. I can't believe how far away they put the clamp on the umbilical cord. That is just so sweet that Mason loves her. Was he like that with Hadley? I am sorry you are having a slow recovery as well! It makes it harder having kids. I hope you get feeling better soon!
What a beautiful birth! Good for you! And what a pretty name! Love you guys...
I am glad that you all are adjusting well and that Paul's mom is there to help. I feel so bad for you that Paul is leaving, but I have faith that it will all work out. Also, having your mom there to help out will be great. I am glad that the delivery went well, and I am jealous that you had to only push twice! You go girl!
She is so cute....and a chunk! We like the chubby ones. I also LOVE her name.. Wow! How fun!
Congratulations Mindy and family. The new baby is darling. All your kids are too. I wish you all the best!
congrats!! she is adorable how fun to have it a surprise!
Post a Comment